Delicious GF Apple Muffins w/ Coffee Cake Crumble
So if we've been friends or worked together in the last 3 years then you have most likely tried my GF Apple Muffins. I LOVE baking them this time every year. With a nice cup of hot coffee in this morning -- ughhh! These muffins are going to give you major fall feels. And yes, Gluten free! No, no one would ever know.
2 1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup almond milk ( or whatever milk you'd like )
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups peeled and finely diced apples ( I like to use one Macintosh and one Granny Smith )
1. Lightly grease muffin tins with coconut oil or line with muffin cups with paper liners. I usually go sans cups.
2. Preheat oven to 375°.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: the gf flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, and cinnamon.
4. In the second mixing bowl, whisk together all wet incredgients: the egg, almond milk, melted butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. Whisk until smooth and the sugar has dissolved. If the butter gets a little lumpy, don't panic.
5.Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients mixture in the large bowl. Gently stir together with the rubber spatula.
6. Add the diced apples and stir just until mixed in. Don't overmix.
7. Use a large spoon to scoop and fill muffin tins about 1/2 full. Depending on the size of your tins, you'll get anywhere from 12-21 muffins.
8. To make the coffee cake crumble, combine 1.5 cups of GF flour, 1 TBSP of cinnamon, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, and 3/4 cup of butter. Use fork to mix until it looks like wet sand.
9. Sprinkle coffee cake crumble onto top of muffins using a fork to gently push down into your muffin mixture.
10. Put muffin tins into oven and bake for 17-23 mins. I usually check on them around the 17 minute mark to see if they are golden and if they have risen. If the center bounces back when you gently press on them they are ready!
11. Let cool and serve!